Hello out there! It's me...I know you thought I jumped ship on this blog, but I haven't. I've been wrestling with my thoughts about this blog behind the scenes. Part of me wants to throw in the towel and say, "I'm too darn busy to keep up with this the way I want to." And another part of me yearns to sit down with a cup of coffee (lukewarm, of course, cause there is always something to do between brewing it and drinking it) and type away all my thoughts and ideas and funny happenings in the Chiodo home.
But I must admit, that I have some insecurities about it all. For one, I read other blogs which are so fun and creative (and updated), and I feel so far out of the loop with the blog world. Secondly, I wrestle with how much I really want to put myself out there. My husband thinks I'm an open book and will tell anyone anything. Yes, that is mostly true. But part of me doesn't want to open up and share the ups and downs, the good and bad, the weird and dorky side of me. What it all comes down to is this...I just got a lot to say sometimes. I like to be creative. I like to share my projects, ideas, and roll-your-eyes moments. And I really like to keep it real. I get so tired of the fakey-fakey stuff. I will be the first in line to admit that I don't have it all together most of the time. Also, being a nurse doesn't really let me express myself creatively most of the time. And being home the other part of the time with three kiddos...I need an outlet. This year really kicked my butt on several levels, and blogging took a backseat to it all. I would blog away in my mind and write some really fun posts, but it was usually while I was making dinner/holding a baby/breaking up a sibling argument/emptying the dishwasher/packing (or unpacking) a box all at the same time. So Chiodo Chuckles will not be cancelled. It is my utmost goal to keep it updated on a very regular basis after the holidays. Next year, there will be no moving and no babies so get ready to read. :)
The Chiodo Christmas letter, Top 10 list, and Christmas card are in the works. You will get it before Christmas, that I can promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment