The week of Christmas is busy enough. But we Chiodos like to throw in a few change ups to make it even crazier. Here's a glance at our Christmas week:
MONDAY (12/22): Abby woke up and had diarrhea and vomiting all day long. As a very thankful momma with kids who don't get sick very often...the sick days are rare and often at full tilt. Off to the doctor we go. Finally got some Pedialyte in her that stayed in her around 5 p.m. Must've been some 24 hour bug cause she was back to normal the next day.
THURSDAY (12/25): Christmas Day was done. The kids were tucked snug as a bug in bed. I had on the good ol' outfit of sweatpants, an old t-shirt, and was barefoot. We were watching a movie, and I heard Ben fussing around a bit so I went to check on him. Snuck the pacifier back in his mouth and went to go back downstairs to watch the movie. But I somehow overstepped the 2nd from the top step and my feet flew out from underneath me and I fell down our entire flight of stairs. Yes, I was barefoot..but sweatpants work just like a slip n' slide on those steps. As I'm falling, there's a perfectly good railing on the right..but I found myself clawing the left wall trying to grab something over there. By the time I get to the bottom, Jason has ran over and he stopped me from just rolling right into the front door. He's freaking out, I'm bawling like a baby, and there were a few laughs thrown in there for good measure. I sat there for a second thinking, "I broke something and I have to figure out what exactly I broke cause I hurt EVERYWHERE!" But alas, nothing was broken, but I looked like I had been beaten up quite well. My left arm by my elbow still has cuts and big bruises all over it. By that Saturday, I hurt so bad that just sitting still was torturous. But I'm doing much better now. So very thankful that I wasn't carrying Ben at the time. I am now a paranoid stair freak..for good reason.
FRIDAY (12/26): Abby woke up and said she didn't feel good and her ear hurt. Great. Off to the doctor we go-again. Double ear infection. Another day of my little girl not feeling well. Meaning she wants Mom to hold her while Ben wants Mom to hold him...all while I'm super sore from falling the night before. Long day.
SATURDAY (12/27): Giving the kids a bath...Ben is in his baby tub which sits inside the regular tub. Ben's on one side, Abby's in the regular tub on the other side. As I'm getting Ben out, he spits up everywhere in the baby tub. I whisk him off to get him dried off and dressed. Abby usually dumps his water into her water so we can take the baby tub out and give her the whole tub. But Jason gets this brillant idea to throw the baby 'spit up' water down the toilet. Great idea until the washcloth goes with it! Yep...it was completely stuck in the S curve inside the toilet. After many attempts to get it out via the snake and Drano, we had two options: 1. Call a plumber and pay who knows how much to get it out. 2. Buy a new toilet. We opted for #2. But, of course, the first toilet Jason bought was broken. After trip #2 to Lowe's, we finally got a new toilet installed yesterday.
WEDNESDAY (1/1): Ben was seeming to catch Abby's cold from earlier. Led to lots of yellow gunk coming out of his eyes. Conjunctivitis. Off to the doctor we go-again. Thankfully, no ear infection for Ben. The antibiotic eye drops cleared it up so fast-I was amazed. He is still congested but getting better.
Needless to say, my kid medicine box went from being outdated and out of use to getting quite a bit of attention this week. And the pediatrician's office, which is used to seeing up for the occasional well checkups, now know us a bit better. We are definitely ready for a new and healthy week and year!
1 comment:
Geesh! That is scary, dude. Glad you didn't get seriously injured. Gotta love how so many things can happen all at once. Maybe you got everything out of the way for the year in one week!
Post a Comment