Thursday, December 10, 2009

Halloween Pictures

I have to admit...I'm just one of those moms who likes to match her kids. Granted, mine are a boy and girl and 3 years apart. But I try to make it happen on occasion. I know, I know...it's just me. So for Halloween, I always present the idea to Abby like she and Ben should be pair...Mickey and Minnie, Raggedy Ann & Andy, etc. Her idea was Tom and Jerry. She loves that cartoon. Loves it. But the costumes for it were few and far between and kinda ugly. So our second idea was for Bob and Larry from Veggietales. The costumes were cute and comfortable. There's nothing like a cute costume that's so uncomfortable the kid won't even wear it. What's the point?
So our version of Halloween is to stop at our neighbor's homes to say hello and then head over to our church for our Trunk or Treat. All the teenagers at church come up with different themes and dress up and decorate the trunks of their vehicles. They are all set up in a big circle, so it's fun for the little kids to go around the parking lot, get some candy, play some games, eat cotton candy, and jump in the big bouncy house inside. Then we're done and home by bedtime. Simple and innocent.
This was our first Halloween on Blueberry Lane. Most of our neighbors are older retired couples. We found out the were the old school Halloween candy givers..they gave a real candy bar. As in the original size! I haven't seen that in years! We got to meet a few that we hadn't had the chance to meet yet. Very sweet people on this street (no pun intended). Anyway...church was a lot of fun. We got quite a few comments on the Bob and Larry costumes.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Very adorable. So glad I am not the only one behind on the ole blog. :)