Friday, November 21, 2008

Our Day with Thomas the Train

This was a big deal in the Chiodo household. Abigail LOVES Thomas the Train. Personally, I find the TV show to be a little dry. I don't understand how it entertains kids, but somehow it does. Well, Veronica found tickets for Thomas the Train coming to the Essex Steam Train Station. When the day finally arrived, the weather was gorgeous, the lunches were packed, the tickets were bought, and we were LATE!!! Yes, Jason and I enjoyed one too many cups of coffee that morning and found ourselves driving like a complete nutjob trying to get to the 10:30 train on time. When we finally got there, the 10:30 train was loaded and I was running with elbows out and a "get out of my way" look on my face. We made it to the gate only to have the station master tell us it was full. We pleaded and begged to get on while Abby had this horrified look and instantly burst into tears. We must have done something right because the guy told us to come back for the 11:00 train and he would make an exception and let us on. I told Jason, "We suck sometimes at this parenting thing." But...it all worked out fine. We took the later train and caught up with Dennis & Veronica and Ole & Dawn and the girls for lunch. The day was quite enjoyable and a fun experience.







No comments: