I desperately went to see a chiropractor on Monday. I have "Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction." Basically the swivel joint that connects your backbone to your pelvis (the main joint when walking) is stiff and not moving on my right side. Thus the excruciating pain that I get when walking in my right lower back/butt/hip. Good news is that it is temporary and can be fixed. I'm not sure if carrying an almost 9 lb. baby did this, or the c-section (quite a physical surgery...lots of pushing, pulling, tugging, etc)-but I'm hoping to be cured and back to my normal walking self in the next few weeks. Other news is that I have a small spot on my incision that looks infected (my reaction: "you've got to be kidding me!"). So I'm taking antibiotics plus warm moist compresses four times a day. At 6:30 this morning, I'm laying on the couch with an ice pack on my right hip, hot compresses on my stomach, and telling Jason, "This body is taking a beating..." I feel like I'm 31 going on 81. I keep reminding myself, "This is temporary!"
Benjamin had his two week checkup yesterday. He's 8 lbs. 15 1/2 oz. now. Filling out quite nicely and has such a laid back disposition (most of the time). Here are the exceptions: He HATES the carseat for those 5 minutes it takes to strap him in, get him in the car, and get the car turned on and moving. Screams bloody murder. And he HATES a poopy diaper. In the split second it's dirty, he's hollering about it. There's no five minute window with him. I wonder too if boys poop more than girls? Cause he poops a lot...maybe I just forgot that detail about Abby when she was a newborn. Other than that, he sleeps like a dream, eats like a champ, and snuggles like a lamb. I just love him too much already.
Abigail is doing better. She has been great with Ben from day one in loving on him, kissing him, etc. But she hasn't taken too well to being knocked off her princess throne. Everything is an issue with mom and dad. Everything is a temper tantrum, or a defiant "NO!", or complete disregard for us talking to her. Needless to say, we've had lots of timeouts and spankings, and "We don't talk like that in this household!" conversations. Which always leads to her saying "I'm sorry", lots of hugs and kisses, and "I love you so much!" conversations. The last few days have been better....instead of everything being an issue...we're down to some things. I know it's a combination of her turning 3 plus not getting 100% attention from us 100% of the time. And again, I'm telling myself, "This is temporary!"
1 comment:
Geez, Jen! Hope your body heals quickly. Don't you love it when you feel like you are falling apart? I hate it when I start sounding like my mom! Good thing it is temporary.
Post a Comment