Monday, March 17, 2008

Six Years Ago...

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary. I know I'm going to blink one day and we'll be hitting the 10 year mark, then the 20, etc. It really does go by fast! I have to say that Jason is the best thing that ever happened to me in my life. It's so nice to look at your life and push aside all the retarded decisions I've made, bad relationships I've gotten myself into, and tough moments that I've had, and know that I actually did something right. He is my something right.
Last night we went out for dinner at the Outback (thanks Jeff for the giftcard) and we were talking about us getting together, our relationship, our life now, etc. We got to the part about "bones we had with each other" (you know-those little irritating moments). I had three for him...very small ones...like how he's a zombie in the morning and I feel like I have a big kid and a little kid to get ready. (By the way, he totally agreed with all three). When it was his turn, he sat there and said, "Are you kidding me? I don't have any bones about you!" And he seriously didn't. I pointed out a few of my very obvious flaws to him to help get him started, but he just didn't have any. I think that's the nicest thing anyone (hasn't) said about me!
In the movie Juno, the girl Juno was talking to her dad about her love troubles. And this was her dad's reply which I think sums it all up:
In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a
person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good
mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you,
the right person will still think the sun shines out
your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth
sticking with.

So we had a simple date last night...dinner at the Outback and a rare movie at the theater. (Vantage Point....very exciting movie). We stopped at a photo booth and took our picture. Very cheesy I know but that's just who we are.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Jenn, I can't believe it's been 6 yrs. Wow - has it gone fast. That was such a touching blog entry. Love you both.

dee said...

6 years, a move from OK to CT, an adorable little girl, a baby boy on the way and lots of friends and family that love you guys. Happy 6 years.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. And I remember when...*sigh*